Molly Whetstone of Great Lakes Assessing, Inc. is the City Assessor. She was appointed by City Council in July, 2015. Molly holds the Michigan Advanced Assessing Officer (MAAO) certification. The City Assessor is an administrative officer appointed by the City Council. The assessor is responsible for all aspects of property tax administration.
The City Assessor typically is in the office on Wednesdays. Please check the calendar for hours. Molly is available to answer questions and e-mail s from her office in Cadillac. She may be reached by calling the City Assessor’s office (231) 398-2802, and your call will be forwarded to Great Lakes Assessing, Inc., or you may call us directly at (231) 468-2977.
State Tax Commission - Property Tax and Collection CalendarView a copy of the current State Tax Commission Calendar that provides various due dates and deadline dates for Property Taxes.
Applications and Useful Documents
- Affidavit to Claim Small Business Exemption under MCL211.9(0) Form 5076
- Personal Property Statement Form 632
- Principal Residence Affidavit Form 2368 (formerly known as Homestead)
- Request to Rescind Principal Residence Exemption Form 2602 (formerly known as Homestead)
- STC Affidavit for Disabled Veterans's Exemption Form 5107
- 2017 Poverty Exemption Request (to be processed at March, July or December Board of Review)
- 2014 Transfer of Ownership Guidelines
- 2017 Property Tax Calendar
- Board of Review FAQs
- Disabled Veterans Exemption FAQs
- State Tax Commissions FAQs