The precautions began on March 12, 2020 and include the following:
1. Signs are posted at the entrances to City Hall and DPW encouraging customers to conduct their business, if possible, by telephone. Included are telephone numbers for each department located in the building.
2. Signs ask customers wanting to pay bills to use the after-hours payment drop box located off the parking lot on the west side of City Hall.
If customers wish to pay their water bill by phone or online follow the below instructions:
• To make a telephone payment call 1.888.891.6064 and follow the prompts.
• To make an online payment visit our website at manisteemi.gov and select the payment option.
• Both options require that you have your account number and PIN number (found on left side of bill) available.
3. Water shut-offs are discontinued temporarily. Doing so will allow residents to continue washing their hands, a practice recognized as very effective in limiting the transmission of the virus.
4. Precautions can be found on the City’s website and Facebook page.
5. The City of Manistee Fire Department is temporarily closed to tours.
As the situation plays out, we may implement additional precautions. If you have any questions, please contact:
• 231.398.2801 City Manager’s office
• 231.398.2803 City Clerk’s office
• 231.723.2559 Utility Billing
• 231.723.7132 Department of Public Works
• 231.723.2533 City Police Department.