Where do I pay my taxes if they are delinquent?

Real property taxes are turned over as delinquent to Manistee County on March 1 and additional fees and penalties will apply.  After this date, all taxes must be paid to Manistee County and the county will send you a delinquent bill. Please make sure your delinquent tax checks are made payable to the Manistee County Treasurer. 

Manistee County Treasurer

415 Third St.

Manistee, MI 49660

Personal property taxes are levied on business non-inventory furniture, fixtures and equipment. Every business must annually file a personal property tax statement or an exemption application. If you do not file one of these, the assessor is required to estimate the value of the equipment. Personal property taxes are delinquent as of March 1. The City collects delinquent personal property taxes. If these taxes are not paid, the city can seize the assets and sell them to pay the outstanding taxes

Show All Answers

1. When are my taxes due?
2. Where do I pay my taxes if they are delinquent?
3. My taxes seem too high. Why is that?
4. Where do my property tax dollars go?
5. Where can I pay City bills?
6. What fees are charged if I pay a City bill via credit card?
7. What are the current water and sewer rates?
8. My water bill seems high. What should I do?
9. What are my residential garbage options?
10. Where can I find out more information about the City’s finances?