Molly Whetstone of Great Lakes Assessing, Inc. is the City Assessor. She was appointed by City Council in July, 2015. Molly holds the Michigan Advanced Assessing Officer (MAAO) certification. The City Assessor is an administrative officer appointed by the City Council. The assessor is responsible for all aspects of property tax administration.
The City Assessor typically is in the office on Tuesdays. Please check the calendar for hours. Molly is available to answer questions and e-mail s from her office in Cadillac. She may be reached by calling the City Assessor’s office (231) 398-2802, and your call will be forwarded to Great Lakes Assessing, Inc., or you may call us directly at (231) 468-2977.
In compliance with Property Assessing Reform P.A. 660 of 2018 local units must provide taxpayers online access to information regarding assessment services. This is to include parcel information, land value studies and economic condition factors. This data can be found here: City Assessment Information
State Tax Commission - Property Tax and Collection Calendar
View a copy of the current State Tax Commission Calendar that provides various due dates and deadline dates for Property Taxes.
Applications and Useful Documents
- Assessment Roll Most Recent Copy | View All
- Assessment Roll Maps | View All
- Small Business Exemption under MCL211.9(0) Form 5076
- Personal Property Statement
- Principal Residence Affidavit Form 2368 (formerly known as Homestead)
- Request to Rescind Principal Residence Exemption Form 2602 (formerly known as Homestead)
- STC Affidavit for Disabled Veteran's Exemption Form 5107
- Poverty Exemption Request (to be processed at March, July or December Board of Review)
- Transfer of Ownership Guidelines (10-17)
- Board of Review FAQs
- Disabled Veterans Exemption FAQs
- State Tax Commissions FAQs