How do I register a handgun?
Gun permit applications are accepted Monday through Friday between the hours of 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. You must be a resident of the City of Manistee, 18 years of age or older with a valid Michigan state ID which shows your current address. You will be required to complete the basic safety questionnaire as required by state law. The gun permit applications cost $5 (cash or check only) and may take several days to process. For further information call (231) 723-2533.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Police Department located and where do I park?
2. What are the Police Department's hours?
3. I was a victim of a crime and the suspect was arrested. How do I learn if the suspect is still in the jail?
4. I think the people living next to me are selling drugs. Who can I call?
5. How do I obtain a Personal Protection Order (PPO)?
6. I have some information on a crime that occurred several weeks ago that would probably help solve the case. Who do I call?
7. How do I add information to my police report?
8. Do individuals leave fingerprints on all items that are touched?
9. How long does it take for evidence to be analyzed?
10. Why is there an orange sticker on my vehicle?
11. Can I report an abandoned vehicle?
12. What is the odd / even parking ordinance?
13. How do I get traffic enforcement in my neighborhood?
14. Do I (or someone I know) have a warrant?
15. Where do I pay my traffic or parking ticket?
16. Does my child need to be in a child seat?
17. How do I register a handgun?
18. I inherited a handgun and wish to sell it. How do I proceed?
19. How do I obtain a copy of an accident or incident report?
20. Do I have to have to have a license on my dog?
21. Does the Manistee City Police Department handle cat complaints?
22. If a complaint is made against an officer, are criminal charges dismissed?
23. Charges were not filed against the suspect in my case. Does this mean the officer was not diligent in their duties?
24. Doesn’t an officer have to read me my rights when they arrest me?
25. Do I need to come down to the Police Department to make a complaint against an employee?